Thursday, February 26, 2009

An ode to cookies

Last Sunday, my dear mom gave me a five quart pail of oatmeal raisin cookies made in the time-honored tradition. It reminded me of the time in college when I had brought back a pail of cookies (CARE package) and my floormates made off with them in the middle of the night and ate all of them. Times have changed and roomates have changed, but, the cookies still disappear quickly; though I must say that as the pater familias, I do get more of them now.

It is interesting how current events are picked up by the little ones. Ethan was using his cookie as a plane saying "mayday, mayday, mayday" before plunking his cookie into the milk. OK Sully! Very funny. Of course, when you notice it and laugh, you get a whole lot more of the behavior.

Wind is picking up hard out of the NNW. Another cold night. Time to settle in with the seed catalog and order my seeds for the garden. Orion's arc is nearly spent and the earth will soon warm once again.

1 comment: